Saturday, November 5, 2011

Medical Exam on Shamian Island, Guangzhou


So it is way past my bedtime...Jen and Hannah are long gone in their dreams and I am close behind. I wish I could type more tonight but I am just to tired. In short, it was an awesome day. Hannah did wonderful at the doctor's office, if you can call it that. It was like a mass herd of cattle being rushed through nursing stations to measure and check vitals, check her hearing (grossly, not with precision), and ENT (ears, nose, throat) exam (most abbreviated I've ever seen), and a TB skin test. Kinda of a joke if you as me, as a medical professional. We did A LOT of shopping today. Many gifts bought at the little shops on the island. I had a great day with Hannah. She is trusting me more and more each day. We spent almost a half hour together on the outdoor playground at the hotel. It was AWESOME! She also let me feed her, dress her, and I even got a couple of kisses from her today!! Deep down I knew she couldn't resist her daddy's kisses. We are still working on the language barrier, but that too gets better everyday. She is an absolute peanut and busy body all at the same time. I love her to death!!



First time in an airplane!!!


On our way to the clinic this morning


The clinic


Waiting in a room with dozen's of other families for our paperwork


The "E" portion of the ENT exam


The "T" portion of the ENT exam


Where did Hannah go? Peek!


Some more waiting...Tom and Jerry cartoons were playing in the waiting room!


My two cuties


Checking a weight and height


More waiting...


Waiting for the TB skin test.


Mommy kisses!


And more kisses!!


No screaming for this brave little one. She is not afraid of needles.


All done!!! Now off to the better part of the day....shopping!


We will be back on Monday for the TB skin test reading


Some of the sights on Shamian Island...Hackysack


Engagement photos


Wedding photos


Hannah photos


Photo photos


Large marine life for sale


Lucy's bar and grill. Not sure if they serve a Juicy Lucy, we'll try to find out on Monday!


Our sweaty little peanut...it was a hot one today!


Mama's shades are still a little too big


Our new friends Keith and Miriam from New York adopted this little girl, Natalie. They waited 6 years to bring her home!!!


Gracie, a newly adopted 6 year old girl, was peeking between seats to check out Hannah



Tubby time before bed.

3 comments:

  1. The kisses could not be any sweeter! Brought me tears of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your beautiful journey with us! I am in awe of God's goodness. Words can't express the joy I feel for you both and sweet Hannah! She looks so incredibly happy, joyful and filled with love! It is so beautiful and amazing. Sending lots of love and prayers each step of the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness. the kisses pictures! love them! she is sooooooo sweet. you can tell she feels your love!

    ReplyDelete