Sunday, October 23, 2011

Bags are packed!!

Well we have done it!!!




The near impossible task of packing for 2 adults and 1 child for two weeks all into 2 carry-ons and 2 checked bags, of which the checked bags need to weigh under 44 lbs, is finally finished. It is a rule in China that all economy class luggage needs to weigh under 44 lbs for the intra-country flights. We are not so sneakily bringing my Kelty backpack as my carry-on, which happens to weigh about 35 lbs. Now that is how you do it! It was a mountain of a task to fit that much STUFF into such small containers. I think we have quadruple checked every packing list we have, every document, every detail has been checked multiple times....and I still feel like we are missing something.

We are excited beyond what words can express to embark on this trip. Really, it is a trip of a lifetime in so many ways. My brain is fried from all the emotions circulating in my head leading up to the moment we get on that Westward bound Delta flight headed to the Far East. I know in my heart that God is going to be with us every step of the way. He has made Himself so evident to us up to this point, I should never doubt again the goodness and providence of God. I know He has a lot in store for me and our family as we journey with Him to China and back home and the years to come.

2 comments:

  1. Tears of joy for you....safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I too have tears of joy!!!
    So excited for you guys! Thinking of you and praying that all goes smoothly and that you'll be home soon, safe and sound, with your family of 5!!!
    Take care,
    Karissa

    ReplyDelete