Sunday, May 23, 2010

Green Thumb

So I took on a weekend project to build a raised garden bed for our backyard. Jen and I have been talking for a better part of the Spring about how much we wanted to start a garden and how fun it would be for our kids to be a part of the process of planting, growing and harvesting. I have to say it was a lot of fun to roll back the ole sleeves and get my hands dirty for a weekend. And it was so rewarding to see the finishing product...a real garden. Caedon had so much fun digging for worms as I prepared the soil. His little red and yellow dump truck was full of worms by the end of the day. I can't wait the try some of the fresh veggies!!



Before


We had to use this space that was previously occupied by Caedon's sandbox since it was the only place in the yard that could meet the requirements for a vegetable garden


Our neighbor buddy, Ian, came over to supervise the project with Caedon. Per the supervisory team, hard hats were required


Saturday began a little cloudy and rainy with some occasional thunder. So we moved shop indoors until the storm passed.


The sun came out and the shirt came off, yikes, I'm blending in with the shed.


Caedon spent several hours sifting through the dirt looking for worms. Every time he found another worm he would say, "Look Dad, I found another one!" with the most innocent and excited voice you could imagine.


After




No comments:

Post a Comment